Friday, December 21, 2012

Business ethics quotes, quotes on business ethic



Business Ethics Quotes (1 – 10)
1. "There is a delicious irony in seeing private luxury jets flying into Washington, DC, and people coming off of them with tin cups in their hand, saying that they're going to be trimming down and streamlining their businesses. It's almost like seeing a guy show up at the soup kitchen in high hat and tuxedo. It kind of makes you a little bit suspicious."

2. "I'm going to ask the three executives here to raise their hand if they flew here commercial. Let the record show, no hands went up. Second, I'm going to ask you to raise your hand if you are planning to sell your jet in place now and fly back commercial. Let the record show, no hands went up."

3. "That Wall Street has gone down because of this is justice … They built a castle to rip people off. Not once in all these years have I come across a person inside a big Wall Street firm who was having a crisis of conscience."

4. “We have to shift our emphasis from economic efficiency and materialism towards a sustainable quality of life and to healing of our society, of our people and our ecological systems.”










5. “If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization.”

6. "Your company is now bankrupt, our economy is now in a state of crisis, but you get to keep $480 million. I have a very basic question for you: Is this fair?"

7. "To a bystander like me, those who made 190 million pounds deliberately underselling the shares of HOBOS, in spite of its very strong capital base, and drove it into the bosom of Lloyd TBS Bank, are clearly bank robbers and asset strippers."

8. "Consumerism has become a new religion, complete with its high priests at Which? and its fatwas against anyone with the temerity to try to sell anything at more than cost price … It is a depressingly medieval outlook on economic life."

9. "Defending Matt Tannin, a Bear Stearn's hedge fund manager, against criminal charges of misleading investors in the run-up to the fund’s collapse."

10. "I will manage my enterprise with loyalty and care, and I will not advance my personal interests at the expense of my enterprise or society … I will protect the human rights and dignity of all people affected by my enterprise, and I will oppose discrimination and exploitation … I will protect the right of future generations to advance their standard of living and enjoy a healthy planet."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...